Emissary recently did a survey of our advisors and in 85% of recent purchases someone in finance played a significant role on the buying committee. So on today’s Buyer’s Seat we are going to talk about how to sell to the CFO and those decision-makers.
To give us the buyer’s point of view, we are pleased to have Jon Pedersen with us. Jon has been a CFO for over 20 years including his current role at HealthPlanOne and previously at iHeart Media-Markets, among others.
Featuring Seleste Lunsford, Chief Research & Strategy Officer at Emissary and Emissary Advisor Jon Pedersen, former CFO, iHeartMedia. In this episode we take a look at:
- The increasing presence of finance leaders on the buying committee and in decision-making roles.
- How to build a valuable partner and potential champion among the finance team.
- The advantages of including the finance team earlier in the sales process.
- The increasing importance of alignment between Finance, Business & IT units across the industry.
Keep Learning More about Selling to the CFO and Finance Leaders from the Tech Buyers Perspective:
Key insights on how to sell to sell to the CFO and how to work with finance leaders and B2B tech buyers successfully in your sales process:
- The CFO: Understanding Their Propensity To Buy
- Why You Should be Selling to the CFO
- Selling Tech is Hard. Buying Tech Is Even Harder
- Get The Meeting: How Buyers View IT Vendor Outreach
Emissary regularly hosts The Buyer’s Seat. All podcasts are available on-demand.