Will retail technology trends be short-term or drive permanent changes to the retail technology landscape?
Featuring Seleste Lunsford, Chief Research & Strategy Officer at Emissary and Emissary Advisor Mike Robinson.
In today’s Buyer’s Seat we are going to take a vertical focus and take a closer look at the retail industry. Today we have Mike Robinson with us. Mike has over 15 years in the retail eco-system including executive digital and strategy roles at Macy’s and Gap Inc. – now as a Board Member, consultant and angel investor.
Retail is one of the key industries that is showing an increased drive and interest in tech spend according to a recent survey conducted by Emissary.
There are a host of needs that are driving this spend and are driving the future of retail technology:
- Deeper analytics and insights
- Driving efficiency.
- Data security
- Addressing concerns around supply chain disruptions.
- Reducing friction with the customer and ensuring a good experience.
- Enriching loyalty programs with data.
- Getting people back in stores, but continuing to offer online, curbside and other options.
Keep Learning More about Selling Tech to the Retail Industry and the Future of Retail Technology:
Key insights on how to sell to B2B tech buyers and how to leverage the information technology budgeting process to better inform your account planning process:
- 5 Ways to Garner Business Insights to Improve Your B2B Tech Sales Account Planning
- Selling Tech is Hard. Buying Tech Is Even Harder
Emissary regularly hosts The Buyer’s Seat. All podcasts are available on-demand.