Director of Strategic Partnerships
Emissary is transforming how sales and marketing teams gather intelligence about their target accounts and most important deals. We have built an advisory network that connects sales and marketing teams with former executives of their top prospects and accounts. These Emissaries act as a personal deal coach, providing account-based intelligence at each phase of the sales journey. The result? Sellers and marketing professionals truly know their buyer…and close more deals, faster. Recently named as one of Forbes’ Top 100 Start-Ups and backed by Google Ventures, Converges, and G20 Ventures, Emissary is the world’s first knowledge network for enterprise sales and marketing teams.
About the Role
THIS IS A SALES ROLE! The director of strategic partnerships is responsible for overall partner relationships, including strategic planning, revenue growth targets, structuring, negotiating, executing deals with prospective partners, and leading the launch process for new partners. This includes sales enablement with the end goal of getting the partner to represent the Emissary brand more independently over time.
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of the Emissary offering
- Strategically build a prospecting plan to attract and recruit desired new partner relationships
- Negotiate and manage partnership contracts
- Implement partner programs working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across the Emissary business including Sales, Client Engagement, Engineering, and Supply
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual bookings targets
- Conduct client facing presentations with partners
- Update Salesforce.com on all partnership pipeline opportunities throughout the sales cycle
- Work collaboratively with Emissary’s Account Management and Client Engagement Team to ensure partnership portfolio success and renewals
- Provide regular and routine partnership program updates to the executive leadership team
What We’re Looking For
- At least 10 years of experience in strategic sales or business development
- Prior partner or channel experience building new partner relationships, supporting, and enabling partner success
- Business Development orientation with excellent core sales skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and excellent relationship building skills
- Strong analytic skills (sales reporting, planning, operational)
- Must have a four year college degree, MBA desired
- Self-Motivated: When you have a goal, it is your own. You push and try new ways until you achieve your goal.. You know where you’re trying to improve, and how you’re taking those steps.
- Industrious & Hard Working: You’re willing to both make decisions and collaborate in the pursuit of getting things done. You don’t stop until the problem is put to bed, especially if the problem is challenging and forces you to grow.
- Obsessive about Details: You make sure that nothing slips. When something lands on your plate, everyone knows that you’ll get it done – because you always do.
- Optimistic & Creative: This is less about having all of the answers and more about how you approach problems that come up. You bring creative juice to your work, and don’t settle for expected solutions or excuses.
Working at Emissary
Emissary’s mission is to transform the way the world gathers intelligence by empowering people to share their experiences.
We have great benefits – company and team lunches, health, vision, and dental insurance, gym discount, 401k, healthy parental leave, and more – but to us, the biggest perk is the opportunity to do great work with great people.
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org