Client Engagement Manager
Emissary is a human intelligence network. Through our platform, Emissary Exchange, we connect enterprise sales and marketing professionals directly to a community of over 12,000 talented senior and C-level executives who have recently worked at their most important accounts.
These executives – called “Emissaries” – serve as advisors, delivering detailed intelligence, guidance, inspiration, and first-hand knowledge during one-on-one engagements, helping sellers and marketers shorten sales cycles, close more deals, and build positive long-lasting relationships with their clients and prospects.
About the role
A Client Engagement Manager (CEM) works to fulfill client contracts by matching our users with advisors (Emissaries) who can help them in their sales process. You will work with other members of our Client Engagement team as well as our Recruiting team to fill our clients’ advisor pipeline, provide user support, monitor and communicate the progress of their contracts to internal and external stakeholders, and perform other tasks as required to create a great client experience. The position is remote.
- Service clients by matching them to the best advisors using our internal platform
- Work with account managers, recruiting, and product teams to ensure a great client experience and proactively communicate and escalate servicing issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Handle client support tickets and relevant outbound client communications
- Maintain and update client data in internal systems where needed
- Ability to embrace challenges, solve problems, and sometimes act in the face of uncertainty
- Highly organized, collaborative, and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers and teammates reach their goals
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights
- Strong Microsoft/G Suite skills, particularly Excel/Sheets and Powerpoint/Sheets
- BA/BS degree
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Customer-facing experience a plus
- Startup experience a plus
- Self-Motivated & Intellectually Curious: When you have a goal, it is your own. You push and try new ways until you achieve your goal. You know where you’re trying to improve, and how you’re taking those steps.
- Obsessive About Details: You make sure that nothing slips. When something lands on your plate, everyone knows that you’ll get it done – because you always do.
- Collaborative & Hard Working: You’re willing to both make decisions and collaborate in the pursuit of getting things done. You don’t stop until the problem is put to bed, especially if the problem is challenging and forces you to grow.
- Optimistic & Creative: This is less about having all of the answers and more about how you approach problems that come up. You bring creative juice to your work, and don’t settle for expected solutions or excuses.
Working at Emissary
Emissary’s mission is to transform the way the world gathers intelligence by empowering people to share their experiences. We are a fast-growing tech startup with a scrappy, get it done mentality.
We have great benefits – company lunches, health, vision, and dental insurance, gym discount, 401k, healthy parental leave and more – but to us, the biggest perk is the opportunity to do great work with great people.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org