While you wrap up the month and end January on a high note, we’ve collected this week’s hottest jobs and best sales content. Catch up on the week that was with the best reads around.
Top Stories this Week
Transforming Sales: How to Move Along the Sales Transformation Journey Much Faster (Smart Selling Tools)
We had to include this because of its interview with Adobe’s Mike Boyden, VP of North America Sales for the company’s Document Cloud. It’s rich in executive insight about the future of sales, both short- and long-term, with lots of advice and emphasis on the human nature of sales. Money quote: “Technology should help you improve your existing processes, not change the way you do business.”
Prediction Series 2019: Interview with Latane Conant, CMO, 6sense (MarTech Series)
And speaking of insights from executives, here’s more thought leadership from about what the relationship between sales and marketing will look like in 2019. Conant shares her thoughts on “a new age of B2B buying,” where almost all the behavior is digital and buyers are buying in teams. She also shares her thoughts on what companies are looking for when it comes to AI and Experience-as-a-Service.
Video is a new frontier when it comes to sales, but are you using it effectively? This is an engaging piece on how a salesperson at one SaaS company was able to create an email campaign in HubSpot, combined with the extra personal touch of an evergreen video. They saw a terrific spike in their open rates, often seeing their emails being opened multiple times.
We love exploring how psychology and the sales process intersect, and this piece explores an interesting aspect of buyer behavior. It may use B2C examples, but it’s still relevant for B2B pros. Keep this insight in mind the next time a prospect objects to your pricing.
Are You a Sales Enabler or a Sales Inflictor? (SiriusDecisions)
According to SiriusDecisions, enablement leaders say that 70 percent of growth inhibitors are directly related to inadequate sales skills. That’s not a good sign, but it’s still a good opportunity to evaluate what you’re doing wrong, whether it’s with your content, on-boarding, or when you’re launching new products.
Hot Job Listing this Week
In the market for a change? Here are some of the hottest jobs we’ve found this week.
- Elastic: Regional VP Sales – East (NYC)
- Zeta Global: Sales Director (San Francisco)
- Lyft: Regional Vice President, Sales (NYC)
- Salesforce: Regional Vice President, Enterprise Corporate Sales (Chicago)
- Elastic: Sales Compensation Manager (Mountain View, CA)
- Advantech: Key Account Manager (NJ/NY)
- Listrak: Sales Manager, Marketing Software (Greater Philadelphia)
- Informatica: Account Manager, Central Mid Market (Detroit)
- IBM: WW Cognitive Infrastructure ML/DL/AI Client Success Sales Rep (Anywhere)
- ForgeRock: Major Account Executive, Financial Services (Boston)
- New Relic: Commercial Account Executive (San Francisco)