As companies have spent more time ensuring their websites can withstand higher traffic volumes and their cybersecurity needs and threat detectors are equipped to support a fully remote workforce, sales triggers at the world’s largest companies are starting to look a bit different.
Here’s a roundup of the most recent Fortune 500 sales triggers—which are slightly different than the website outages and security breeches that once filled our news feeds.
We hope this roundup of news in the tech world informs your account plans and allows you to understand the new hurdles your target accounts are facing. The mentioned Emissary advisors are ready to connect with you to provide more context and assemble an account game plan.
After closing down their e-commerce website when stores closed nationally, TJ Maxx and Marshalls reopened their websites. However, frustrated shoppers say orders are so limited they can’t buy anything.
Emissary Advisors from The TJX Companies:
- Former AVP, Marketing
- Former VP IT, North America Supply Chain Solution Delivery
- Former Director, Digital Marketing & Experience
- Former Chief Security Architect/AVP Security Architecture and Risk Management
- Former AVP, Consumer Insights
In just two weeks, some of the best-known brands in America declared they were entering Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and closing outlets across the country.
Amazon.com Inc. is in advanced talks to buy Zoox Inc. in a move that would expand the e-commerce giant’s reach in autonomous-vehicle technology. If completed, the deal could be Amazon’s most expensive known startup acquisition to date. The deal would value Zoox at less than the $3.2 billion it achieved in a funding round in 2018
Emissary Advisors from Amazon:
- Former Group CTO, Amazon.com
- Former Head of Engineering, AWS
- Former Chief Data Scientist, Amazon.com
- Former CFO, Amazon
[Business Insider] Walmart is shutting down Jet.com 4 years after buying the company for $3.3 billion
“Due to continued strength of the Walmart.com brand, the company will discontinue Jet.com,” the company said in an earnings news release. “The acquisition of Jet.com nearly four years ago was critical to accelerating our omni strategy.”
- Former Senior Information Security Risk and Compliance Manager
- Former Senior Vice President, Global Security and Aviation
- Former Vice President of Strategy for Pricing, Replenishment, Modulars, Features, & Technology Development
- Former Senior Director of Private Cloud Engineering and Operations
- Former Director of Omni channel Engineering
Dick Daniels, executive vice president and chief information officer for Kaiser Permanente’s hospitals and health plans, is retiring in June.
- Former Vice President & Information Officer
- Former Director, Innovation and Advanced Technology
- Former Area CIO
- Former Vice President, Shared Services Analytics & Corporate IT Portfolio Leader
- Former Deputy Chief Information Security Officer
On Friday, Facebook made its fifth-largest known acquisition ever. The company bought Giphy, a database and search engine for the short looping videos known as GIFs, for $400 million.
Emissary Advisors from Facebook:
- Former Head of Experience Marketing and Operations
- Former Director, Head of Industry, Technology & Connectivity
- Former Head of Data Center Security Operation Centers
- Former Director of Analytics