Emissary’s mission is to transform the way the world works through the power of human insight.
We are focused on building a world that allows organizations to tap into knowledge that’s not available anywhere else – incredibly useful insights that are locked up inside of people’s heads and not stored away in a database.
Located in the heart of New York City, we are a fast-growing tech startup with a scrappy, get it done mentality. In the last year alone, we’ve doubled the size of our network, tripled our customer base and brought on the type of clients most companies only dream about.
Generous Learning and Development Program
Discounted Gym Memberships
Highly Competitive Compensation
Health, Dental, Vision
Company and Team Lunches
Access to the Emissary Community
Group Volunteer Opportunities
We have great benefits, but to us, the biggest perk is the opportunity to do great work with some of the greatest people and inspirational leaders. To foster this open atmosphere, we take to heart these core values.
See Our Available Positions
Emissary is transforming how sellers gather intelligence about their deals. We built a network that connects sellers with former executives of their top accounts. These Emissaries act as a personal deal coach, providing account-based intelligence at each phase of the sales journey. The result? Sellers truly know their buyer…and close more deals, faster. Backed by Google Ventures, Canaan Partners, and G20 Ventures, Emissary is the world’s first knowledge network for enterprise sales teams.
About the Role
The Marketing Manager will work alongside the sales and customer success teams to drive growth and provide value to our enterprise IT and marketing customers. The position will have a hand in all elements of Emissary’s marketing funnel and will include content strategy and creation, social media, marketing automation, and events. The ideal candidate is proactive and passionate about getting things done. They enjoy a challenge and want to learn more about marketing in a fast-paced environment.
- 2-3 years of related experience
- A genuine interest in and curiosity about B2B marketing
- Superior interpersonal, communication and Slacking skills
- Detail-oriented and hard working, including experience managing multiple tasks without freaking out
- Experience managing a CMS – we use WordPress
- Experience managing campaign execution and tracking through CRM and marketing automation platform – we use Salesforce and Pardot
- Experience working at a start-up or agency
- Willingness to participate in both high-level strategy and mundane spreadsheet-related tasks
- Basic design skills and familiarity with design software (Canva, Sketch, Adobe, Photoshop)
- Oversee content creation and distribution via blog, social media, lead gen campaigns
- Manage our website, push improvements and tests
- Support the sales team –create collateral, drive qualified leads and more!
- Liaise across departments to drive growth and efficiency
- Leverage analytics to prove our ROI
- Drive events to connect our community of Fortune1000 executives in-person
- Self-Motivated: When you have a goal, it is your own. You push and try new ways until you achieve your goal.. You know where you’re trying to improve, and how you’re taking those steps.
- Industrious & Hard Working: You’re willing to both make decisions and collaborate in the pursuit of getting things done. You don’t stop until the problem is put to bed, especially if the problem is challenging and forces you to grow.
- Obsessive about Details You make sure that nothing slips. When something lands on your plate, everyone knows that you’ll get it done – because you always do.
- Optimistic & Creative This is less about having all of the answers and more about how you approach problems that come up. You bring creative juice to your work, and don’t settle for expected solutions or excuses.
Working at Emissary
Emissary’s mission is to transform the way the world gathers intelligence by empowering people to share their experiences. Located off Madison Square Park, we are a fast-growing tech startup with a scrappy, get it done mentality. We have great benefits – company and team lunches, Berkshires retreats, health, vision and dental insurance, gym discount, 401k, healthy parental leave and more – but to us, the biggest perk is the opportunity to do great work with great people. To foster this atmosphere, we take to heart these core values:
- Human: We value the power of human connection
- Straightforward: We optimize toward openness and candor
- Adaptive: We understand the way the world works
- Empowering: We want to make people better than they are
- Goal Oriented: We are committed to helping people and companies reach their goals
To apply, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Instead of a cover letter, please include your responses to these three questions:
- What’s the title of one blog post we should write for our target audience?
- What’s one thing we could improve on our website?
- What’s a concept for one marketing campaign we could launch to secure a meeting with a potential customer?