Sales Development Representative
Emissary is transforming how sales and marketing teams gather intelligence about their target accounts and most important deals. We have built an advisory network that connects sales and marketing teams with former executives of their top prospects and accounts. These Emissaries act as a personal deal coach, providing account-based intelligence at each phase of the sales journey. The result? Sellers and marketing professionals truly know their buyer…and close more deals, faster.
Recently named as one of Forbes’ Top 100 Start-Ups and backed by Google Ventures, Canaan Partners, and G20 Ventures, Emissary is the world’s first knowledge network for enterprise sales and marketing teams.
About the Role
As an SDR at Emissary, your primary responsibilities will be finding and creating new qualified opportunities for Emissary’s sales team. This role manages outbound campaigns while qualifying buying intent from Emissary’s target customers. Your success in achieving these goals will directly impact the overall success of the business by expanding Emissary’s market share. The position is remote.
- Hitting weekly, monthly, and quarterly metrics (calls, emails, meetings booked, opportunities)
- Making 200 calls a week
- Owning your territory and taking accountability for setting up qualified meetings
- Using Outreach.io, Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and others to manage many email sequences and targeted campaigns
- Creative campaigns and empathic messaging to connect with the needs of your target persona
- Handle client support tickets
- Daily team huddles to track progress and share successes!
Who You Are
- 1+ years experience, SaaS/enterprise IT markets a plus
- Hunger to grow and openness to learning
- Self-starter, analytical thinker and entrepreneurial spirit
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation and perseverance
- Positive and forward-thinking attitude with a strong work ethic
- Strong phone & interpersonal skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Ability to learn, understand, and successfully promote sales acceleration solutions and position how human sales intelligence is able to help clients.
- Very goal-oriented; looks forward to overachieving goals
- Experience with Salesforce; Google Suite; Outreach.io, LinkedIn; Zoominfo; Salesloft
- Prior experience working within a start-up sales environment a plus
- Self-Motivated: When you have a goal, it is your own. You push and try new ways until you achieve your goal.. You know where you’re trying to improve, and how you’re taking those steps.
- Industrious & Hard Working: You’re willing to both make decisions and collaborate in the pursuit of getting things done. You don’t stop until the problem is put to bed, especially if the problem is challenging and forces you to grow.
- Obsessive about Details: You make sure that nothing slips. When something lands on your plate, everyone knows that you’ll get it done – because you always do.
- Optimistic & Creative: This is less about having all of the answers and more about how you approach problems that come up. You bring creative juice to your work, and don’t settle for expected solutions or excuses.
Working at Emissary
Emissary’s mission is to transform the way the world gathers intelligence by empowering people to share their experiences.
When we’re not in quarantine, we’re located in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City. We are a fast-growing tech startup with a scrappy, get it done mentality.
We have great benefits – company and team lunches, health, vision, and dental insurance, gym discount, 401k, healthy parental leave, and more – but to us, the biggest perk is the opportunity to do great work with great people.
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.