Advisor Operations Specialist
Emissary is transforming how sales and marketing teams gather intelligence about their target accounts and most important deals. We have built an advisory network that connects sales and marketing teams with former executives of their top prospects and accounts. These Emissaries act as a personal deal coach, providing account-based intelligence at each phase of the sales journey. The result? Sellers and marketing professionals truly know their buyer…and close more deals, faster.
Recently named as one of Forbes’ Top 100 Start-Ups and backed by Google Ventures, Canaan Partners, and G20 Ventures, Emissary is the world’s first knowledge network for enterprise sales and marketing teams.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to work on Emissary’s Advisor Operations team. The Advisor Operations team is responsible for the recruiting, onboarding and platform experience of our 9,000+ advisor network. The Advisor Operations team is the fuel to the fire of Emissary’s business. The team is seeking a highly operationally driven individual to manage our offshore team of contractors who execute our advisor recruiting function. This includes developing a deep understanding of our advisor recruiting process and candidate experience, monitoring and troubleshooting performance and balancing our team’s freelance workforce budget along the different stages of our funnel. Success will require attention to detail, consistency in monitoring and tracking, effective prioritization and quick escalation of issues. You will report into the Growth Operations Manager and work closely with the entire Advisor Operations team.
What you’ll do
Manage Advisor Operations offshore teams, financial processes, and process reporting
- Manage all financial processes surrounding Advisor Payments across our 7 key offerings: interactions, reports, The Buyer’s Seat, speaking at events, in-person sessions, marketing content, and surveys.
- Manage the payment of US Advisor Operations contractors, reporting up to our Head of Finance
- Coach, hire, train, and develop offshore talent, manage offshore contractors’ workflow and workload
Ensure effective Advisor Communications
- Build relationships with advisor candidates prior to the onboarding stage by answering questions or allaying concerns about joining the platform
- Ensure quick and easy call scheduling experience and encourage advisor onboarding sign up process
- Manage all support tickets covering payment, rate requests, and advisor profile updates.
- Manage relationship with our payment provider and aid in advisor payment troubleshooting
Optimize Key Advisor Operations Processes
- Own the custom recruiting requests process. This includes communication between contractors and our client side team, tracking, monitoring, and successful on time execution.
- Develop documentation for and optimize Advisor Operations processes existing solely in Podio, allowing the rest of the Advisor Operations team to level up our home grown advisor tracking system.
- Ultimately own, monitor, maintain and enhance our Advisor Outreach process. Provide visibility to the rest of the team on the performance of the process.
What we’re looking for
- 2-4 years experience in operations or a similar role. Prior small company or start-up with project management experience a plus. Experience with marketplaces or consulting a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong quantitative skills and aptitude. Proficiency with Google sheets and Excel required. Familiarity with databases and SQL a plus.
- Strong communication skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinker who is confident and excited about solving operational problems
- A passion for efficiency and optimization in back-end operations
- Experience managing teams through Upwork or similar solutions a plus
Working at Emissary
Emissary’s mission is to transform the way the world gathers intelligence by empowering people to share their experiences. We are a fast-growing tech startup with a scrappy, get-it-done mentality.
We have great benefits – company lunches, health, vision, and dental insurance, gym discount, 401k, healthy parental leave and more – but to us, the biggest perk is the opportunity to do great work with great people.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.