Director, Demand Generation
Emissary is transforming how sales and marketing teams gather intelligence about their target accounts and most important deals. We have built an advisory network that connects sales and marketing teams with former executives of their top prospects and accounts. These Emissaries act as a personal deal coach, providing account-based intelligence at each phase of the sales journey. The result? Sellers and marketing professionals truly know their buyer…and close more deals, faster.
Recently named as one of Forbes’ Top 100 Start-Ups and backed by Google Ventures, Canaan Partners, and G20 Ventures, Emissary is the world’s first knowledge network for enterprise sales and marketing teams.
About the Role
The Director, Demand Generation will work for the Chief Research Officer and own expanding Emissary’s customer acquisition strategies. This role is charged with building pipeline through integrated marketing programs that resonate with target audiences fueling a healthy marketing funnel.
- Grow and nurture a database of prospects who match our key personas
- Build and execute overarching strategies for inbound and outbound lead generation which align to business goals
- Design, execute and measure key demand creation approaches such as search, press, events, social, website, email and content offers
- Leverage analytics to test tactics, refine approaches and justify investments
- Design workflows that quickly identify and scale successful approaches
- Manage and develop the marketing manager and a small team of sales development representatives (SDRs)
- Partner with sales on enablement programs to drive leads and conversion
- Ensure the right content is available at the right sales stage including management and optimization of our website
- Manage, operational expense budget and associated vendor relationships
Who You Are
- 7+ years strong track record driving demand in a B2B context
(experience marketing to sales and marketing personas is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of modern marketing principles
- Experience with managing and developing others
- Fluency in CRM and Marketing automation (Salesforce and Pardot preferred)
- Functional capability in design tools (Indesign, Canva, WordPress preferred)
- Familiarity with business development tools (Outreach, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator preferred)
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Highly flexible. Comfortable balancing strategic planning with day-to-day execution; excels with significant levels of multi-tasking.
- Superior communication skills (executive presentations, Slack, cross-team collaboration)
- Self-Motivated: When you have a goal, it is your own. You push and try new ways until you achieve your goal.. You know where you’re trying to improve, and how you’re taking those steps.
- Industrious & Hard Working: You’re willing to both make decisions and collaborate in the pursuit of getting things done. You don’t stop until the problem is put to bed, especially if the problem is challenging and forces you to grow.
- Obsessive about Details: You make sure that nothing slips. When something lands on your plate, everyone knows that you’ll get it done – because you always do.
- Optimistic & Creative: This is less about having all of the answers and more about how you approach problems that come up. You bring creative juice to your work and don’t settle for expected solutions or excuses.
Working at Emissary
Emissary’s mission is to transform the way the world gathers intelligence by empowering people to share their experiences.
When we’re not in quarantine, we’re located in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City. We are a fast-growing tech startup with a scrappy, get it done mentality. This position can be based out of Chicago, NYC, Tampa, or Washington DC.
We have great benefits – company and team lunches, health, vision, and dental insurance, gym discount, 401k, healthy parental leave, and more – but to us, the biggest perk is the opportunity to do great work with great people.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com. Instead of a standard cover letter, please take 30 minutes or less and give us your thoughts on these three questions:
- What is one option for us to grow our prospect database?
- What’s a concept for one outbound marketing campaign we could launch to secure a meeting with a potential customer?
- What are three things we can improve about our website?